The views expressed in these news items are not necessarily endorsements of the opinions of their authors, editors or producers. Links to various news and information sources are provided to raise public awareness of what is happening around Minnesota and the country with Alimony Reform.
Latest MNAR News
- Steve Hitner Advises MN Alimony Reform Steering Committee
- KFGO 790Am Fargo-Moorhead. Dan Hammer Interview Rep. Peggy Scott about Alimony Reform 3-31-2016
- WCCO Radio’s John Hines interview regarding Minnesota Alimony Reform and the latest Law change proposal 3-28-2016
- Illinois has allowed termination of Alimony upon cohabitation since 1977! – Dupage County Bar
- American Bar Association provides glimpse into alimony calculators and gives examples of cohabitation termination states.
- Wikipedia provides a great summary of alimony reform AND a list of states terminating alimony upon cohabitation.
- From TwinCites.com – St Paul Pioneer Press. This opinion is a few years old. However, this retired judge explains why many of his colleagues would welcome guidance when it comes to family law. An example of why Alimony Reform should provide structure, guidelines and predictability.
- Has the Minnesota court of appeals called for Alimony reform?
- State Nears Slipping Below 50 Percent Married – Star Tribune
- Alimony for Cohabiters, Still, in 2012
- Good place to start in the long, slow process of reforming alimony laws: payments that last a lifetime.
- Is Alimony Offensive to Today’s Modern Woman or Modern Man?
- Forbes.com – An end to Alimony good?
- Divorce Corp on Netflix
Have you watched Divorce Corp on Netflix? Let us know what your thoughts.
Anderson Cooper explores “Man-imony”
The YouTube video below was posted by Florida Alimony Reform. However, in Minnesota this poor couple’s scenario is possible due to Minnesota’s permanent alimony law. Regardless of health or retirement status, a payor can be required to pay permanent alimony in Minnesota.
Facts, Resources And Case Law Research
- Alimony in Minnesota
- Second Wife’s income can be considered in ability to pay a first wife
- Alimony – “trial court is accorded broad discretion”
- Mn.gov – link directly to Spousal Maintenance case law
- Who is my legislator
- Minnesota Spousal Maintenance Statute
- Minnesota Spousal Maintenance MODIFICATION Statute
- Massachusetts Alimony Reform Law 2011
- Divorceinjustice.org – Very similar goals for Permanent Spousal Maintenance Reform
- Illinois Marriage Dissolution Act 2015
Other State Alimony reform groups
- Massachusetts Alimony Reform
- New Jersey Alimony Reform
- California Alimony Reform
- Connecticut Alimony Reform
- Florida Alimony Reform
- Maryland Alimony Reform
- Ohio Alimony Reform
- Oregon Alimony Reform
- South Carolina Alimony Reform
- Virginia Alimony Reform
- Vermont Alimony Reform
- Utah Alimony Reform